Monday, July 30, 2012

there is hope

 So I have set a goal to become a healthy grandma. I never want to be one that wishes she felt like walking on the stairs or down a hill. Some of my favorite memories as a child is no matter how many times we wanted to see the pigs and cows Grandpa Scott would walk us down the hill to the barn to see the animals. I want my grand kids to have the same memories. I have started to walk last week. I walked on Thurs, Fri, and I have set a goal of walking 3 times a week and watch what I am eating. We all know  the diets and how and how they work. But this morning I was walking and thinking about the water issues in Indiana. So if you look at our grass it is brown and pretty much everything is drying out. But as I walked I noticed little bits of green. The green is fighting to stay alive and it is against all odds. I wonder if that is how my spirit feels at times. We know if we can hold on that we can stay"green" when the odds are against us. I see all the brown and dried out things in this world right now with the attack on our families and how we are trying to remove God from the world and I hope I continue to be one of the strands that fights to stay close to the spirit against all odds. I know that God lives and their is "green" in our lives even when there is so much brown around us.......

No comments:

Post a Comment