Sunday, July 8, 2012

time is going by fast...

Today at church we had a lesson on when we die and we are met by Heavenly Father will he tell us that we have done a good job. I often think of the scriptures Mark 12:30, 31
 30 And thou shalt alove the Lord thy God with all thy bheart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy cstrength: this is the first commandment.
 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

I think when we meet our Heavenly Father these will be his first two questions. First being Did you love me with everything (soul, mind, and strength)? If you are able to say yes then in my opinion there is no need for the second question  Did you love the neighbor as thy self?

Through out my life we have had great neighbors. Growing up we moved into an area that was made up of all old people. My parents got to know these people. They watched out for us girls when my parents were working. Tina was so good, when she would get home in the evenings from school she would go visit each one to see if they were doing good. We Dorothy on one side and on the other side we had the reeves. Then two houses down we had Ruby. I am sure they were not as old as I remember. But I am grateful for parent s who taught me to love our neighbors. What will my answer be to this question on my meeting with God? I am working toward saying yes!! How about you...

No comments:

Post a Comment